Tuesday 3 January 2017

Christmas-Celebrities-Ogden-Everything!!

Здравствуйте from Ogden!!!

Merry Christmas and Happy new year!

Okay so A LOT has happened since my last p-day. That actually seems like years ago.. but over all I just feel so BLESSED.

First of all I had an awesome Christmas. On Saturday night we had a devotional where some of us took part in a nativity, Sister Leuzinger and I sang Mary's lullaby and Sister Newman accompanied us. And all of us were in a mini choir. It actually went pretty well!

Christmas day was amazing, we were so blessed to have Elder Dallin H. Oaks come speak to us with his family who also did some beautiful musical numbers.
I got to call my wonderful family, the half an hour really went by too fast but I'm so grateful to have heard their voices. I am so blessed with an amazing family, And finally to end off this good day with a bang,  you will never guess who came that night... David..... Archuleta Guys!! I think it's needless to say that I freaked out. My district was laughing at me because at the beginning my mouth would not close or stop smiling for probably like a straight 10 minutes. Hahaha. It was really cool, he sang a bunch of Christmas songs, and my two favorites: "Glorious" and "My Little Prayer'. He also talked a lot about his experiences and trials on his mission and on American Idol and how they strengthened his testimony in Christ and his atonement. It was very touching, he's still so much of a missionary.  And then after I got to shake his hand!! :)

I felt very blessed that day but not just for the things that happened but most of all for my Savior. For his birth, his life and finally for His suffering and death for us. Because He came, and overcame - everything-  we can live again and be happy in this life. I hope we all continue to remember Him not just at Christmas time, but every day.

I also feel very blessed for my time at the MTC. For all the people I met. For my teachers who were great at teaching us Russian but made it their priority to make sure we were strengthening our testimonies first.( the only times  they would maybe speak in English hahah)  The amazing devotionals where I got to hear from so many wise and spiritual men and women of God and hear so many beautiful musical performances. Being in the choir was definitely a highlight. Our choir director was so cool, and he literally had a powerful back story to every composer and song we sang. Some things I learned in the MTC is that the Book the Mormon is truly the word of God and I learn from it every time I read it. Russian is hard, but possible. Heavenly Father and Jesus know me personally. I'll never understand when someone says they didn't like the MTC because I was there for 9 weeks and it was one of the best things ever.





So. OGDEN. Well so far it has been great! The people here are all so kind and welcoming, I love them! And it is so beautiful here. I'm actually in the Morgan area which is like in the mountains basically and it's a winter Wonderland. I'm so happy I get to be by mountains for that much longer. I have two new companions my trainer Sister Novotny, she's been out for 15 months and Sister Tayco who has been out for a transfer, also waiting for her visa to go to Trinidad. BTW 6 weeks is a transfer so that's how long I'll be here for sure if my visa comes anytime before then. They are super sweet and helpful and I've learned a lot already.



Missionary work is a little harder in this area since almost every one is already a member. Also it's a very rich area where we live. Super nice houses. Including the one we live in the basement of.
Hahaha so basically this mission is like the exact opposite of what my mission will be like in Ukraine. Lots of members, get fed almost every night (hallelujah), drive a car (every one is pretty spread out ), get to use a tablet (missionary work, including Facebook so I can't message friends and family on it BTW) and I have the random opportunity to meet a Mormon celebrity.


Hahaha so funny and crazy story.. guess who's coming for dinner?? JASON GRAY!! It was unreal. For those who don't know he's a main actor on the sketch comedy show studio C and he is so hilarious. So what happened was we just went to dinner at a nice couples home and they just so happened to have some friends over who they met in college Jason, his wife and adorable daughter. It was so cool to meet him but I was kinda freaking out on the inside. Kept it calm on the outside though guys! No fan girling as a missionary hahah.




New Years was fun! We had a get together with the entire mission and I saw Sister Cuckow!  Now I've seen all of us girls who have left on missions from my seminary class, on my mission. Crazy! Blessed, again.

Anyway sorry for the novel, there was just a lot to say. And that's not even the half of it really! I hope everyone has a fantastic 2017 and makes and keeps their goals! This year's goal I think I can actually accomplish for once in my life so feel free to steal it: Come closer to Christ. :) I can't wait for this awesome year. I know it's going to be a good one.

Sorry again for it being so long.

I got lots of pics too tho:)

Love -

Cectpa Horne

No comments:

Post a Comment