Friday 23 December 2016

Ukraine don't wait up, I'll be there... After one stop!

Здравствуйте

Hey, so I actually have some big news this week!! It's kind of been a roller coaster of emotions since I last emailed. On Friday, we got our flight plans for Ukraine! Me and my companion and the two elders in my district that are also going to Dnepr were planning to leave very early on the Tuesday and all be on the flights there together and we were all super excited! It even made everything seem a lot more real. This is actually happening! Can't wait! 

But then this Tuesday... I got a paper in the mail saying sorry, but your visa hasn't come yet. And so you will be serving a temporary assignment in the OGDEN, UTAH MISSION, until your visa comes. Yup. No, I'm not joking this time haha. I was pretty shocked at first of course. And a little upset, because I had been pretty excited to just get out to Ukraine and be immersed in the language etc. I also am pretty bummed I don't get to go on the trip with my hooligan friends:( But even though it still doesn't really feel real ( nothing really does with me haha) I have accepted and embraced this assignment and I'm excited to love  and serve the people of Ogden, Utah the time that I will be there! ( Still not sure how long that will be ) I know that Heavenly Father knows me personally, better than I know myself and He will put me where I'm needed. Everything happens for a reason! I hope to learn a lot more about how to teach the gospel, and hopefully also not to lose the little Russian I have learned so far ( still don't know how that's going to work aha) but I'm sure everything will work out! Also.. perk of the century: They have Walmart in Utah!! ahaha

Other things that happened.. THE PIANO GUYS came this Sunday night!!! Super cool, I'm a big fan, they're sooo talented. And their music videos are always pretty sweet. For those who don't know them, they're on youtube so go check em out. And they played probably my favorite song by them "Oh come, Emmanuel" !! It's so beautiful, I've been listening to it almost every time I'm on the computer here because it's on Mormon channel ( aha, currently listening to it on repeat actually). Listening to it live though, that was such a cool experience, they played it perfectly! It almost made me cry it was so beautiful. It was also really awesome to hear them all speak. They're hilarious and have such huge testimonies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iO7ySn-Swwc

And a little classic Celine move for y'all.. I am the Ukrainian flag :D ahaha I have yellow shorts and a blue T-shirt so at Gym time sometimes I turn into to the flag of Ukriane ahah and this week I accessorized with my little flags too! ahah. and yes of course I ran around, holding them up chanting Uk-ra-een, Uk-ra-een! .. what else is there to do in that situation? :)


Anyway, I can't believe it's Christmas in just a couple days!! So exciting! I wish you all a very merry Christmas!! May you feel the joy that comes from this wonderful time of year where we celebrate the birth of the redeemer of the world! I love you all so much! Remember the true meaning of Christmas. Remember to LIGHTtheWORLD. And have so much fun! We're planning on having a blast at the MTC:) And the next time I email you I will be in Ogden starting out my journey of being in the mission field! :)

с Рождествo!

-Cectpa Horne

Pictures: -Merry Christmas from District 8A! (aka best district ever!)



No comments:

Post a Comment