Thursday 1 December 2016

Past the halfway point!!


Hey!! So not a lot to talk about this week.. just same ol, same ol basically.. Except um what?! We had our first month anniversary of the mish/being in the MTC already!! (last Saturday aka happy bday Natie day:)) Weeeeeiiiiirrddddddd. 

Also, time here is hard to explain, it feels like I've been here my whole life but also that time is going by way to fast and I'm going to blink and I'll be in Ukraine! And to be honest it's a little scary cause sometimes it feels like I don't know any Russian, especially considering I'm half way done my time here but at the same time I do see my self improving- though it may be slowly- everyday! 

WOOOHOO It's finally Christmas time!! I am so excited to start this December. This week we had our first real big dump of snow! Monday, it snowed all day and it was soooooo pretty! I couldn't stop obsessing over it. And of course, we had some fun having snow ball fights almost every time we went outside.. (pretty much always started by me ahahah) I don't like the cold but love the snow. And even though I've brought out the winter coat meant for Ukraine, I've resisted the urge to jump into the snow. Sister Condie -from the desert - is not as big of a fan aha. It's a winter wonderland!!






Guys! because it's December 1st, guess what that also means?? It means that #LIGHTTHEWORLD starts today! And the way that we can light world suggested for today is " Jesus lifted others burdens, and so can you " I love that and have a strong testimony of that because I have felt it in my life. He may not take the burden from you but He will carry you through it, if you let Him. And when Jesus said "Come follow me" He wanted us to do as He did and lift others' burdens too! Sometimes it's hard to think of ways to actually do these things but this website has lots of ideas and also a cute little video everyday! So easy to look at @lds.org.. spread the light peeps!:)

Here's lots of pics this week! Lots of ones of some Canadian friends! - A sister in the other district in our zone is from Cardston! And so we took pics with Canadian capes:D





-I also found my Calgarian West Stake seminary sistas! Hermana Guerra, Woodman, (they both already left) and Sister Nowlan! 

-Oh and super cool, we got our Russian name tags! It is pronounced Horne even though it looks like zoff or something haha. (also a cute lil message to you guys in the back)



-  Thanksgiving, service project.




Love you guys,


Sister Horne

No comments:

Post a Comment