Saturday 26 November 2016

HAPPY 2ND THANKSGIVING!!!

Heyyooo!! Happy American Thanksgiving everyone!!! Yes, I get two Thanksgivings this year. Be jealous;) hahah. So I'm pretty thankful for that because yesterday was a pretty cool day in the MTC! That's why our p-day was changed to today this week btw.

In the morning we went to choir practice before the morning devotional with special guest Elder Neil L. Anderson! And we sang " Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing" which was really cool and I love that song. He talked on the importance of being grateful for ALL things. Our many many blessings and even our trials because they are what shape us into who he knows we can become. He also brought some of his grand-kids who talked a bit and it was super cute. Sis. Newman and I always freak out whenever we see kids cause we miss the cuteness ahaha.

This week to prepare for the Devotional, we were also supposed to read the talk called "Living in Thanksgiving Daily" By Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin. It's a really good talk! It's pretty funny too, but it especially helps us to remember to always keep a perspective of what we have and how grateful we should be for it every day.

So then it was kind of weird but we had our big Thanksgiving dinner for lunch! But it was actually super good!! They even had egg nog. YUM! Except I felt so gross after cause I stuffed myself lol. We just had simple "sack/lunch" dinners but the other district set up a cute table for us to all eat together as a zone so that was nice.

Later we had a devotional explaining a little about the service project we were about to do and we got a sneak peak of the Christmas initiative the Church is doing this year. They released the video today!! But we got to see it yesterday and it is SOO good!! And guys. I'M SO EXCITED!!! This is literally so great. Go watch it! And see what they'll be doing all month cause I think it is so cool! The campaign is called #LIGHT THE WORLD and on the website are a bunch of different ideas of how we can share the light of Christ with others at this wonderful time of the year by doing what He did when He was on the earth. Loving and serving! I'm so excited to start this! I'm a little limited while in the MTC but we can adapt to any situation and I'll try as much as I can to light the world over here in the ol' empty Sea (<-- creds to Emma;)  And I would LOVE to hear if you guys have any experiences this month of you "lighting the world" .  I just love Christmas! Thanksgiving’s done. Christmas here I come.  SO PUMPED!

Oh and here you go, here's the link. you don't even have to search it up, easy right? My first good deed;) really cute video  :
https://www.mormon.org/christmas/light-the-world?play=hero

Then we got to watch a really good movie! It's called Ephraim's rescue. And it was actually pretty funny too. Also let me tell you, it's pretty hilarious to watch a kiss scene (just a little don't worry, it's still a church movie ahaha) with a couple hundred missionaries! hahaha we always joke around with each other about "page 33" in the white hand book (book of missionary rules) because that's where it says no flirting etc. ahahah we're all just like WHHAAA  THIRTY THREEE!! ahaha

NEXT, we did our service project! Which was fun, we all helped in making meal bags for "feeding the children"( I think  that's what it was called.) I don't know the exact number but we made a lot of children not hungry for a meal so that feels good :)) Actually, I think it was 359,000 meals :)
And lastly, they turned on all the Christmas lights last night and they're soo pretty! Like the same people that do the craziness of lights at temple square in Salt Lake City did these I'm pretty sure cause the lights are on every single branch, all the way to the tips, which always blows my mind cause it looks so good! We took some pictures but we'll take more later where you can hopefully see them even better.


Sorry long email, but  yesterday was so fun. Mostly though I wanted to say how SO THANKFUL I AM. I'm thankful for everything and I have been blessed SO much but these are some of things I'm most grateful for:
I am Sooo thankful for such an amazing, supportive and loving family!!
-My parents who are the best and are amazing examples to me.
- Super sweet friends
FOOD, and chocolate:))) and sleep:)
The party hats Sister Williams's mom sent to us... hahaha we (me mostly and sis. Newman)  had some fun with them. Btw. I swear we work a lot, even though it doesn't seem like it;)

Super cool teachers who teach me Russian:) and a super awesome companion and district!
Being a missionary! Being in the MTC and the opportunity to serve for 18 months!
My new Ukraine Dnipro Mission Shirt!!

I am SO grateful for the Book of Mormon. It seriously helps me so much. Every time I really study it, I find things that uplift me and help me to learn.

But I am the Most grateful for my Savior Jesus Christ and His sacrifice that allows us all to repent and be happy in this life and after we die.

Thanks for all the love guys! Have a great week and remember to always be thankful for all we've been blessed with, if you look, you can find SO many.

LOVE YOU
Cectpa Horne



No comments:

Post a Comment