Thursday 3 November 2016

Made it thru my first week

EEHHHHHH
Guys I made it  to through my first week at the MTC! And it was awesome!! I love it here. The first day was a little overwhelming but at the same time right after I started to go in I felt totally fine! Minus a few times where I'm like "whoa.. is this really happening??" ha ha. It was super sweet at the beginning because we went for this orientation thing with all the newbies of that day and sang lots of hymns for prelude and opening and stuff and one was "Called to serve" and another was "Army of Helaman" but instead of "And we will be the Lord's missionaries, to bring the world his truth" it was changed to "And we are now the Lord's missionaries, to bring the world his truth" So definitely teared up a bit there ha ha.

So everyone is wondering about what the MTC's like, etc. Well my companion is great!! Actually funny story we already had each other on Facebook before we left because of a sister missionary page on FB. So it was definitely a really nice thing to have, to already kinda know her. Her name's Sister Condie and she's super nice and cool. She's an artist too ( mom ;) ) She's from St. George UT but she's super chill and funny and we get along great!! :) LOVE HER



The Food is pretty good, although at first was like "oh no I'm going to gain fifty pounds here..." but don't worry I've actually had pretty good self control for the most part. Sis. Condie and I usually go for a salad anyway and I haven't had one of the unlimited ice cream sandwiches yet! Which is actually really surprising to me but I think I'm going to wait until a day where I'll really need it aha. I haven't tried the orange juice yet aha but I might because an elder in my district did an experiment to try and he said he was fine ha ha.

I love my district, we have one other sister companionship who we're rooming with, and they're awesome!! There's Sister Leuzinger and she's from Switzerland which is sweet and she speaks Swiss German and English so she is picking up the Russian quite a bit faster than the rest of us. And Sister Newman is from Idaho and she's hilarious and awesome too. We also have 3 elders (starayshanah(i)) is how you say it Russian) and they're super fun. When we're all together we sometimes get way off track though because we have so much fun .. :/ aha but I still LOVE THEM




The very first day we got here we went into our Russian class and it was funny/a little scary cause they were already speaking only Russian to us and we had to communicate with only hand gestures and writing on the board while all of just sat there blankly when she was speaking to us ha ha. Learning Russian has been pretty crazzzyyy but considering, we've already learnt a lot! We had to teach our first lesson with an investigator (fake one, we found out, but acts really real) SO that was insane, but surprisingly we still managed to do it. We've taught her almost everyday and we're getting better at understanding her because she usually helps us out with actions etc. but then she asks us something that we didn't plan for, so we don't know how to answer her in Russian... It's a whirlwind of emotions and stress but over all I've been really happy :) Russian's hard but cool to learn and I'm sure I'll get it eventually.. I can already say most of a prayer :D LEARNING TO LOVE IT. My teacher's super cool too.

Also an awesome experience we had on Tuesday was we had a devotional and I was in the choir which was amazing. Biggest choir I've ever been in, probably the biggest choir anyone there has ever been in because there was like 1100 of us!! That's apparently like at least 3 times to the size of the Mormon tabernacle :O. We sang "Praise to the Man", it was really beautiful and powerful and guess who came to speak?? Our first week here.. and it was President Russell M. Nelson!!  ( President of the Quorum of the Twelve apostles in the church) which was super cool. He and his wife gave super great talks and he was super cute too aha. Some things he talked about, how we can be living epistles of the Lord if we have the doctrine of Christ engraved in our hearts and that the Savior is never disappointed with us if we are seeking to repent. :)

Feels like I've been here for a few weeks already! But in a good way:) We do so much, it's hard to tell you guys half of it. I love it! I'm super excited to be a part of the army of God, preparing to bring the joy of the gospel to the people in Ukraine!

LOVIN IT HERE

For those who sent me emails or dear-elders or packages.. Thank you guys so so so much for all the love!! I really feel it. You are all awesome and it's super funny seeing my district elders get jealous that like everyday when I get dear-elders and they think I have a bunch of "Canadian boyfriends" ha ha. And I'm like the only one getting so much lol it's great. So feel free to keep it up if you want to make them really wonder aha. No but actually, I really appreciate it. They brighten my day! :) and I can only read them and respond on my P Day (preparation day - Thursday), hopefully I'll be able to but if not know that I really love you guys!! I have the best family ever :)

Peace out ! I'll talk to you next week! and  Pray I don't get my companion's cold ( but I'm doing pretty good so far, and yes mom I'm taking my vitamins;)

LOVE YOU ALL

- Sister Horne

 PS-- happy Halloween!! All we did for it switch our name tags for a bit aha (pic attached) and have a little party in the dorms with snacks:)

PPS-- idk how much I'll be able to write next time, and I'll try to respond to any emails but if i don't ....












No comments:

Post a Comment