Thursday 17 November 2016

2nd Week in the MTC

Здравствуйте!  (i.e. Hello in English)

Zradsvuytye!!! haha that's how I would write the Russian word using our English alphabet, we don't have Russian keyboards here, I just copied that off of google translate and yup that is just the word for hello, ahah. Russian likes long words that change depending on almost anything you can think of. And there are lots of rules but even more exceptions to those rules ahahah and I haven't skimmed the surface yet. It's all good though!! That was just me letting you know that learning Russian is pretty hard but at the same time it hasn't hindered my desire to learn all of it wholeheartedly so that I can teach the people of Ukraine of the good news of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ!! I am already starting to feel the gift of tongues, when we kind of understand what our fake investigator is saying and when we stop using our scripts and just try to bear our testimonies the best we can, but it only works when we work to have the spirit with us.

So far I know several words really well like: Shto?? ( what), Pachimoo??( why) Ya (me) znayoo ( I (don't) know) and of course "Diki Akoola" ( savage shark) hahah that is thanks to the older sisters and elders in our zone who are leaving this week, already! :( They're super sweet but their nine weeks are up and then our district and the other one that came at the same time will be by ourselves until the next newbies come!

Something funny that happened this week was that I had the most deceiving salad of my life. hahah. So I took a salad last week that looked soo delicious, it had lettuce, cheese, and berries on top but then when i got past the top of it I found olives. ewww I hate olives. Finally I realized that the entire foundation of the salad was OLIVES. it was disgusting ahaha but pretty funny. The salads are usually pretty good here, i think the workers were just being funny experimenting that day or something. I forgive them, but our trust is broken ahaha. Anyway I thought that was funny but there were tons of other funny times too... I've probably never laughed so much in my life lol.

Something that I learned this week is that one of the most important truths we have is that we are children of God. So: message from me to everyone in the world: You have a  Heavenly Father who LOVES you. Бог любит Bac :)))

Hope you guys are having a good November! A good Remembrance Day! Sad I'm missing that but I'm gonna make my own poppy:)

oh and good luck Murica;)

PS: sorry if you don't understand any of my church/Mormon/Mission/Russian lingo, If i forget to explain, just shoot me an email and ask:))

Love,


Cectpa Horne

No comments:

Post a Comment