Friday 18 November 2016

3rd Week in the MTC

Whassup!? I feel like time is going by pretty dang fast here already, so it feels like yesterday when I last wrote you all.. at the same time not...  it's weird. lol. Anyway. Not tons happened this week. But like half our zone left us this Sunday! They all went to the Baltics, Latvia, Lithuania and Russia I think, and it's much quieter here without them and weird because it is now only our district and the other district of all girls going to Russia who are a part of our zone! And we all came in at the same time. So we have no "older" sisters or elders to look up to for help and stories anymore: / But it'll also be nice. We probably won't get any more Russian speaking missionaries in our zone until December though.



Also we had another visit from an apostle!! Elder Gary E. Stevenson. He was super cool and he served in Japan on his mission too Dad ;) We're a pretty blessed group of missionaries because we've already heard from two apostles and we haven't even had thanksgiving or Christmas yet which it's been rumored that one will also probably come for each of those too! YAY! I love these super humble and wise servants of the Lord! It's also super cool having them speak just to us missionaries. But also to learn that we, as missionaries, actually have the same calling from the Lord as they do, which is to testify and be a witness of Christ to the world. SO AMAZING:))

Something funny that happened this week: So we have two investigators right now: Dasha, and Javlon-bek and things are going pretty well with them! But in one lesson this week I made a pretty big but hilarious mistake. We were explaining to Dasha about the atonement of Jesus Christ and right before we went into our lesson I found these great few verses in the Book of Mormon that I thought would help her to understand it better so I quickly tried to find it in the Russian Book of Mormon (BOM) and highlighted it. And so I gave it to her to read in the lesson and it seemed fine but when we asked her thoughts on it she said something about "zhar"  and "Noy" and we're were like hmm king? and what is Noy? so she drew it on the board and started drawing a boat and animals we were like ohhhh Noah??? Is King Noah the same as Noah and the ark from the bible? So we were like ohh nooo, they're different.. and then we moved on and finished the lesson.. but then we get on with the lesson and I’m thinking, I don't remember King Noah being in the scripture that I wanted to share with her...
So I look up the scripture in both of the books and realize I gave her the wrong one to read!! And the one she read did not make sense at all with that lesson! or any lesson really ahahahah. So the scripture I wanted her to read was Mosiah 24:12-14 which is in the BOM so go read that one first. And then the one she did read was Mosiah 23:12-14 and read that one after and I hope this brings you joy because I seriously cried from laughing so hard when I read it! AHAHA  ( if you don't have a Book Of Mormon, you can look it up on lds.org, and you shall find it :))

I also hosted for the first time yesterday! That was fun. It brought back memories of my first day here. Good times. Oh and last week when we do service on Saturday Sister Condie and I were assigned to be Ghost Busters!!



hahah jk we were just vacuuming the edges of the walls but we have a sweet pic with our cool setup:) Also it snowed for the first time today! I kinda like it actually.. reminds me of home:) and also we had a little surprise b-day party for Elder Williams.

Cectpa Horne







No comments:

Post a Comment