Tuesday 31 January 2017

Buried in SNOW

Hello my droogee ( friends )!

So this was our first week with just Sister Tayco and I, taking on the very snowy valley that is Morgan County. So far.. we have survived! Haha. Although it is pretty crazy how much snow we've gotten down here! While you all Calgary folk have a nice Chinook breeze I'm sure (I got a weather app ;)) we have gotten about 3 feet of snow this past week, about 20 inches in just the weekend I think. There are giant piles of snow everywhere and the walkways to people houses are as if you're walking in a maze of snow hedges! Those are the result of the snow blowers that pretty much everyone around here has. I have had to contain myself from jumping into them quickly a few times ahaha... if only I had snow pants.. Oh well aha. The other day when it finally stopped snowing we shoveled the snow off the driveways of a couple of our neighbors. There was so much snow and the driveways here are pretty big so it took a long time for us just to do two! but it felt good to help. And I made a furry friend while shoveling, a neighbor's cat who loved me and almost followed me back into our house haha.

We had a few big conferences this week. We had a new missionary training conference for all those who came at the same time as me. Then we saw the worldwide missionary broadcast where they made a few changes to the schedule and the key indicators ( what we report back ) which was interesting to see, the changes weren't huge but the main difference with schedule is it gives us more of a chance to use our agency on when we should do things. The Lord trusts His missionaries! And one huge thing I've seen this week as I rely more on the Lord, He truly does comfort and guide and strengthens me. You see miracles when you put your trust in the Lord.
 
Also another awesome thing we got  to go to was a missionary conference with Elder Christopherson! It was an awesome experience and we ( all the mission) got to sing the EFY medley for a special number. It was hard not to laugh though when we were practicing because our conductor made us sing some parts super slow ahah. His words were very inspiring and helpful in learning how to be better missionaries and work with the ward more, one thing I loved that he said in his testimony was that the Lord is actively leading His church; He is doing a great work and sometimes He let's us help. I love that, and I know it's so true. He also said that our confidence can be in His ability to bring people unto Him. We are His hands, but it's His work.

Still waiting patiently for my visa.. this will be the last week until another transfer starts. But I love it here in Morgan and I'm happy to serve wherever the Lord needs me.

Love you all!

1. We also got to see Sis Novotny there! It was right beside the beautiful Ogden temple.



3-8 animals from last week







9 an old burned down church I found

No comments:

Post a Comment