Monday 8 January 2018

TRANSFERS!! crazy big news coming at you..

Well hello!

Alright, so not too much time today cause it's transfer week .. but first I'll just give a quick summary of the highlights of this week. Mainly it was an awesome weekend! Saturday we got transfer calls from president in the morning..  I started packing then, had a couple of really good meetings, one with a babushka member and one with the mom of a recent convert who has been looking into the church, a meeting with our branch president and then a fun game night. unfortunately forgot to take pics all day:/

Sunday was great. We had  fast and testimony meeting. I bore my testimony, and said goodbye. I really have come to love this branch and the members here, they're really great. After church we went to an older lady's home in Aleksevko who is confined to her house and not all there but she is the cutest thing and LOVES to sing and so sang Ukrainian folk songs to us. Then we went and caroled to a family close by and talked with them. Then an awesome member family invited us over for (Ukrainian ) Christmas dinner, with the elders. It was so great. Delicious food, including "kootya" which they traditionally only eat at Christmas

Okaaaayy I'll tell you the big news now!! hahah sorry for keeping you waiting! (I guess unless you just skipped down here first aha) Sooo you know I'm leaving but I bet you didn't guess I'm going to  ...  POLTAVA!! and.. I will be TRAINING!!  yup. Isn't this some craziness? Oh ya and get this, her name is Sister Wooley and she's from Australia! Cool eh? Sorry some mission talk again: I'm white-washing and having an australian baby! ahah. So "Karoachay" ( in short ) I'm super excited! I've been wanting to train but I actually wasn't expecting this turn events, Prseident knows how to surprise aha. But even though it seems a little scary and daunting, I'm looking forward to this new adventure. And I believe everything will work out because -I can do all things through Chirst, who strengthens me - :)

Btw Poltava is a smaller city and I've heard it's super beautiful. I've also heard they speak a lot of Ukranian there, or Sergic (which is like half and half between russian and ukrainian ) so like President sullivan joked to me in my call, I'm going to need to brush up on my australian and sergic ahah 

Anyway I'll let you know how it all goes next week when I'll be with my trainee:)

Cectpa Horne

No comments:

Post a Comment