Monday 15 January 2018

LOVA POLTAVA ..lol

Hello! 

Here we are!! ( David Cook reference anyone ?;) )

SO.... I got my greenie this week! I'm so blessed to have Sister Woolley as my new comp, she's awesome! We're having fun, and she has a sweet Australian accent:) 

I have noticed that I have been blessed with more confidence and less fear when it comes to talking to people or calling people for example. I have also seen blessings of the gift of tongues more abundantly too, which is awesome. Yesterday I ended up having to translate for President and Sister Sullivan in church for the first time! Once in Sunday school and also in relief society and then even at the end of relief society when Sister Sullivan said a little something to them (it is harder from English to Russian let me tell you ) 

I am loving Poltava already! The branch is so great! They haven't had sisters here since last may! So they are all super happy we're here , and are friendly and welcoming. There are a few really cool youth here so it's nice cause even on our  second day we already have friends! Especially a girl named Ira who Sister Condie (MTC comp ) actually taught and baptized when she was here exactly a year ago! And she's working on filling her papers to go on a mission :) super exciting. There's also a super cute girl named Daya who is 15 and wants to be baptized but her parents won't let her but she still is basically an awesome member to us and helps out all the time.

One small (but pretty big in my eyes aha ) miracle was that on Saturday I felt like we needed to deep clean our apartment, cause the first few days here we needed to do lots of settling, no one had lived in the apartment for awhile and the elders cleaned it before we came but... it still needed some work. So we worked hard and then it was so funny cause right as we finished, sat down and were about to study, Sister Sullivan called asking if she could come over now to inspect the cleanliness of our apartment! phew! The Lord can help with EVERY aspect of our lives folks! Just listen to the still small voice:)

I didn't get to see it but I know that the funeral of Pres. Thomas S. Monson was this last weekend. I just want to say how much I loved him, he seriously was such an amazing example to us all of true Christ-like love and charity. He was always "on the Lord's errand" following the promptings of the Spirit to bless the lives of others and lead and guides Christ's church. When he spoke I could feel his love and I could feel through the spirit that he truly was a Prophet of God. It's sad that he won't be with us but I'm happy that he gets to be with his wife again, who you could tell, he loved a lot.








Meeting my new companion, Sis Woolley from Australia


















No comments:

Post a Comment