Monday 8 May 2017

Devochky, nyet!

HELLO 
So I almost always come to this point thinking, hey it's been a really good week! ... What did I do again? hahah I have the worst memory and it feels like forever ago that this week started but also like yesterday.. weird. So I looked in my planner and I remember what I did now: 
We went to a trampoline" park" on Monday! Definitely not as big as the ones back home but it was still really fun! Sorry no pics  :(
And Then lots missionary work:).. We cleaned a lot of windows this week actually haha. Service is good:) Although I've already had too many encounters with cockroaches for my lifetime :(

And then we had a district conference this weekend! Basically the same schedule as a stake conference (meeting Saturday night and Sunday morning) except smaller but a lot of people came on Sunday! It was really cool to see. Lots came from 'Zaparozha' too (city just south of Dnipro on the Dniepper River). The speakers were all really good and President Sullivan (my mission President/also the district president) talked about how there is a war going on right now, between good and evil and putting our efforts in to building a stake of Zion, we will be creating a defense and a refuge from this war and storm. It was really good and I'm so much more motivated to help build a Stake so we the people here can have a refuge from the storms of the world. 

The world cannot bring us everlasting peace, we can find a safe refuge in the arms of our loving Savior Jesus Christ, this is the message we're trying to share here in Ukraine and it makes me sad every time people don't want to listen to it because I know how much it can bless their lives. I don't think I've mentioned this before but everyone in Ukraine calls us "devochky" haha it means girls and it's not impolite to say here but man I have heard that so many times, I now always think people are talking to me if I hear " devochky" or devochka" hahaha ... and then usually their polite 'nyet spaciba' (i.e. no thanks) and sometimes you get the more rude ones but hey I am happy to be persecuted for Christ's sake :)  Matt 4:10 ---it's really not bad though don't y'all worry! :)

Love you all

Cectpa Xoph









No comments:

Post a Comment