Monday 30 April 2018

What to do? vareniki, chalk, symphony and zoo:)

Hopefully I'll actually get some pictures to work this time cause we've done some fun and cool things this week to find people to teach and also just for fun on p-day:)

So first a couple of fun finding things we did was sister Woolley and drew the plan of salvation on the side walk with chalk. It wasn't very successful until I stopped this one girl who I got to teach some of the plan to and then her boyfriend came and we had a good conversation with them for a while and so hopefully meet with them soon. Feels good to testify of this plan that's full of hope and happiness to people who have never heard of something similar before and are pretty amazed about how it makes so much sense, and how amazing it is.

We also had a "Vareniki" party with the branch on Friday and it went pretty well! So many 'vareniki' (perogies)! It was so delicious but again I ate so many ahaha.  There was a really good turn out of non members and a little less members but still about equal. We had all four of our investigators there and most of the time they were talking with our awesome members and making friends with them so the party was perfect for that. Olga loves to cook and she brought so many and they were so delicious.

We also went with one of our investigators Lena to a symphony with the Poltava city symphony and young talented pianists. That was sweet and then today we went to the Zoo with another of our investigators Natasha and her friend to the zoo! It was pretty small but it was still really cute and fun. I saw a really young baby wallaby in a pouch and fed ostriches (lol adding that to the Instagram feed of me feeding animals:)) .... then we had lunch with ostrich meat in our salad... ahah oops sorry guys

Tonya is the best and will be baptized on May 26th and hopefully i'll be able to make it still;) (cause my parents are coming to pick me up, if y'all didn't know ) that would be a miracle. But ya super weird that I only really have 2 more weeks left... next week will be my last email :O I actually hit my 18  month mark this week since I went into the MTC which is insane! Now I get to serve longer asked for..;)

Well have a great week everyone and don't forget to thank Heavenly Father for everything! I've been trying to do that more often this week, like litterally just try and think of everything through out the day that you could be grateful for and then say a silent prayer, and seriously it has given me so much more joy!

Love,

Cectpa Horne




























No comments:

Post a Comment