Tuesday 11 April 2017

Conference is BEST:)

HEY Y'ALL
So starting off this week, I had a super fun birthday!! We played some basketball with some of the elders, and I am way rusty but it was still fun! Then we went for sushi! haha wasn't the best I've had but wasn't bad either. Although dad you'd be ashamed of the wasabi... I tried eating a big chunk of it because we couldn't taste it much in our soy sauce and.. I died.. but not as much as I should have haha. We got ice cream and walked the streets of dnepr, it was the NICEST day. super warm and sunny. Then we went bowling! 

Also a cool little miracle was in the evening of my birthday I was just standing in the isle of a marshootka and the lady sitting in front of me was looking at me and reading my name tag and she starts asking about the church and what we believe and said that I apparently look just like her daughter! She also said she wants to learn English so I gave her an English practice card. I didn't get her number because she had to leave too soon but I thought it was still a cool experience and I'm hoping we see her again someday!

And then ending this week we got to CONFERENCE yesterday! Well some of it at least. I have seen the Sunday morning, Saturday afternoon and Priesthood sessions now, and can't wait to see the rest! It was SO good. The General Conferences are literally two of my favorite times of the year! 

I loved hearing our Prophet Thomas S. Monson speak and so boldly and powerfully testify of the truth of the Book of Mormon and how so important it is to read it everyday and to gain a testimony of it for yourself if you haven't already. It's so true. I have really gained a huge testimony of it on my mission already and of the happiness it can bring in our lives.

Also it was super cool to hear Elder Bednar's talk in the Priesthood Session. It was about how we are called to serve. And then assigned to labour, this is the Lord's work and He will place you where He needs you. Made me think of Tony and the Lord's hand in helping him and come to the truth of the gospel, and hear it in his native tongue. BTW, update on that, his wife was baptized this last weekend as far I know and they're doing well both in Utah now!! So amazing to hear. 

I loved all of the talks I heard, there's too many to talk about obviously but if you missed, they're all on lds.org! And then in the ensign to read next month! It's such a blessing to have a living prophet of the Lord on the earth today! I wish everyone knew it! I'll do my best to help make that happen this week:)

I love you all! 

sorry I can't load pictures this week:( next week though!

сестра хорн

No comments:

Post a Comment