Monday 14 May 2018

ok, this is it

Alright everybody. 

This is really it. I'm in the mission office right now and I'm about to have my interview with president then a farewell dinner with the missionaries going home and President and Sister Sullivan and then I'll see my parents where we'll roam Ukraine a bit before I come back to home sweet home Calgary!!! Craziness.

I am so grateful for my mission. I have loved my mission so much! Everything about it, from the good to the bad has been such a blessing and growing experience for me. It's just been a miracle to meet all the people I've met and I'm grateful that I could at least do the little I could to help with Christ's work going forth of sharing the happy news of His Restored gospel! 

For all you faithful readers who have still kept up with scribbles I've been reading every week, thank you! I'm happy to see everyone soon! 

This week was a great last week. We got to have some heart felt and memorable goodbyes to the wonderful people I've served with, taught and befriended in my lovely Poltava. The past couple days were a bit insane since we got surprise on transfer (saturday ) morning. We knew that President would call to tell Sister Woolley who her next companion was but we did not expect him to tell her that she would also be changing areas! She is going to Zap and unfortuanately because a lack again of sisters, Poltava won't have sisters again for now. That was really heart breaking for both of us because we were like but "what about Tonya??" and our investigators? but Sis. Woolley will be able to call them and the elders will help Tonya be ready for her baptism which we will hopefully BOTH be able to go see on the 26th of May!! So keep her in your prayers for sure please:) She's amazing though so we're not too worried. 

Anyways we had a farewell party for me and the others and it almost seemed like a funeral ahaha no but it was fun and we had a good last sunday saying goodbye to all the wonderful members. Then I got to talk with the fam a bit, say happy mother's day to the best mom! Twas good:)


As a final "on the mission blog" testimony (but definitely not ever :P), I want to say that even though I have loved every minute of my mission it has definitely not been easy. But I have come to to know my Savior most, when I have chosen to rely on His strength to help me through the hard times and when I have chosen to try to remember Him ALL the time, even everything was awesome. There is no way I could have done it without Him and there's no way I would have even come out here at all, learn Russian, talk to so many strangers, if I didn't have a certain knowledge that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is in reality Christ's true church on the earth today. I have developed a firm testimony that the Book of Mormon is the word of God and that studying it everyday truly blesses us with peace and power. Through this book and through answers to my prayers is how I have this knowledge and being out here testifying and teaching this message to others has only strengthen my testimony of it. Everyone may not agree but I feel good about doing my best to try to give them the opportunity to accept it.

I freakin LOVE Ukraine. I love everything about it:)) It will always be a big part of my heart. I will miss it so much. But I'm also excited to start a new chapter in my life and see what the Lord has in store ahead:))

LOVE YA. Peace. Poka Poka, see you soon!

Сестра Хорн




 

No comments:

Post a Comment