Monday 26 March 2018

Baby's first snowman

HELLO
Phew. so I think finally spring is coming! That's basically just from yesterday and today though but apparently this next week too! Woohoo just in time for Easter and my birthday:)

Even though spring showed up one thing we finally did this week was make a snowman! It was Sister Woolley's first snowman so that was exciting. Unfortunately only a few people stopped to help us but they were super cool. One the little boy helped us but he had an attention span of 2 minutes and then ran away so then we saw the dad chasing after him for the next while. Hahaha but hopefully he'll come to English practice.
We met with our investigator Natasha again (she's canceled on us like 5 times in the past few weeks ) which was good because we got to start teaching her the Plan of Salvation which really amazed her and she kept asking questions at the beginning and we were like "this plan answers all your questions, we will cover that in just a little bit", haha. She really liked it and she planned to meet with us twice this week so we are hopeful she will start to progress more.

We also met Tonya's dad and Olga's husband!! His name is Jenya and he's super cool and nice (he even gave us a ride home from English practice in their car! Although we didn't get to teach him yet,Tonya (15 year old ) is the absolute best and she came to church yesterday!! She's also read almost half 1 Nephi already and all the other chapters we gave her:))

In a couple weeks they're having a big Easter concert in Kharkov and the District President asked me to sing a couple of songs so we had to go up there for a practice Saturday. It was really good to see the Sisters there again though and we got to go out for dinner with them before we left and it's super sad because then I officially said bye to sister Savran for a long time but I'm sure I'll see her again in the future.
Seriously I can't believe that it's the last week before my last transfer! :O Sister Woolley and I are praying we stay together.

HEY. Conference is this weekend!!!!! You do not know how freaking SO EXCITED I am for conference everyone! So weird it will be my last one as a missionary and I know it will be so good because every time I go and listen/watch conference and when I really try to open my heart and mind to the messages, I am always inspired and encouraged and refreshed. It truly is a special time where the Lord speaks directly to us through His chosen servants. Like Elder Anderson promised last conference if we listen to what the spirit says to us during conference then we will receive answers to our prayers. And this conference will definitely be a pretty special one with the sustaining of our new Prophet and apostles. Anyone who is unsure about or wondering if President Russel M. Nelson is really called of God can watch conference with that question and if asked in faith you can receive a personal witness from the Spirit for yourself. :) I have already received a witness that He is the Prophet on the earth today but I know will be able to feel that again when I watch conference. And so that's my challenge for you all:)) God loves us so He speaks to us all today, just as in times of old, through a living prophet:) I have to wait another week but y'all can see it this weekend at lds.org

ok that's all:)

love y'all
Sister Horne

No comments:

Post a Comment