Tuesday 21 February 2017

I made it!! I'm in Ukraine!

Jk! I have some pics from Morgan first! 

We had a super fun last p-day there! We went to RUSH again! (1) with our district and Sis Novotny came!

(2) Had dinner with Bonnie, I love her so much!


(3) Saying goodbye to President and Sister Jaggi who are amazing!  I haven't gotten a picture with President and Sister Sullivan ( new mission president) yet but I will!


Priviet everyone!!!
I'm finally here in Ukraine and I'm loving it! The flight was probably  the longest I've ever been on, totally about 2 days with the time change but about 18 hours of flying I think and alone. Haha, I tried to sleep most of the way. I had to change planes four times which was a pain with my (probably 40 pound) carry on etc. and went through security about 3 times, I had no idea where I was going most of the time but some how.. I made it here in one piece with all my luggage! Yay! 

My companion's name is Cectpa Bolingbroke ( pronounced like bowling and a brook) and she is so awesome! She's super funny and chill but a hard worker and teaches me a lot about how things work here and the language. She even made me green russian pancakes (basically crepes:)) for my first being a greenie! She's actually from Layton, Utah, so that's funny because that's apart of my Utah, Ogden Mission. She's a little bit of a prankster ahah. And so when her and her two previous companions came to pick me up from the airport, while they were bored waiting in the airport they thought of switching things up so the sister from Ukraine was the one talking to me and said that sister sevran was my companion but couldn't speak so she was speaking "sigh language " with her and Sister Bolingbroke just couldn't speak english... lol it was interesting but I think it didn't go as well as they planned because I fell for it, I was just super confused what was going on so, I just went with it ahahaha. I thought it was funny though! 

I'm living in the big city Dnepropetrovsk!( You can actually just say *Neper* now though, so don't worry about trying to pronounce Dnepropetrovsk) Aha actually it's just about half the size of Calgary I think, quite different though. It's been a fun time here! Even though I have no idea what anyone is saying I have already made a couple of friends:) The members are great here! super friendly! On the street... not as friendly... but I still think everyone here is just so much cooler then I ever will be haha. They all wear big winter coats, lots of fur here, big shopka (fur hats) and toques with big fur pompoms, even though it has actually been pretty warm (considering my face isn't frozen lol) the last couple of days! 

We are actually in 2 districts because we're over 2 areas so that's cool. More friends! All the missionaries have been super nice and welcoming. Something unique about Ukraine is the public transport system. There are little (and big) buses called marshootkas everywhere! There are mostly little ones and so they're basically big vans and tons of people just squish in so tight! I was surprised because you just pass the money up and say "peredightye dva pajalsta" and they pass it up to the driver and then they pass the change all the way. Everyone is very trusting!

I bore my testimony in sacrament meeting yesterday and everyone said I did really well so that's a good sign! I also gave out a couple of English cards out ( we teach free English classes)  so I'm proud of my first week being an extreme amateur in this cool country. Life is great. The Lord helps you when you pray! Pray always!

Dang I hate that I now only have 1 and a half hours to write!! There's so much to say and not enough time! I'll tell more about Ukraine next time! 

Love you!

Сестра Хорн

Sorry the pictures wouldn't download but I will take lots this week and figure it our next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment