Tuesday 14 February 2017

My Visa waited for Tony to get Baptized!!! 😁🌈

"I like to look for rainbows whenever there is rain, and ponder on the beauty of earth made clean again. I want my life to be as clean as earth right after rain, I want to be the best I can, and live with God again." 🎶

^^ One of my favorite  primary songs ever! We sang it at my baptism when I was 8 and now almost every time I hear it, it makes me tear up.  On Saturday we sang it again because.. Tony got baptized!! It was such a happy day! :))  A lot of people came to support him, from his ward and also all our wonderful senior missionary couples who's sweet sisters have been a part of Tony's teaching process by always being so willing to drive to Layton and be with me for our lessons. I'm not worried for him because he has a great support from his ward. The bishop baptized him and the members he lives with each gave great talks on baptism and the Holy Ghost, in Russian which was good so Tony could understand... I didn't understand much except certain words but we could still all feel the spirit. 

I thought that song was also relevant because it has rained so much this week and warmed up so almost all the snow - the 6 feet high piles of snow - have melted away!! We can even see  some green grass here, coming out from hiding. The earth is clean. Tony has been washed clean, reborn in Christ and has entered the strait gate, and started on the narrow path that leads to eternal life. 

And me... I'm about to start a new journey as well! IN UKRAINE. Yup that's right.. I got my Visa! 

Everyone I hope you realize that you are witnessing a pretty awesome miracle right now. I don't know if I have ever seen the hand of God guiding His work, so apparent or clear before as I do right now. Heavenly Father knows and loves Tony so much. No it is not a coincidence that   my visa didn't come and I was sent to this mission a week before the missionaries found him. I was sent here to teach him. I know it with all my heart and I am so grateful  that the Lord gave me that opportunity. I'm crying right now as I write this because I have gained such a strong testimony this week that Heavenly Father is aware of us.

 He was aware of Tony and his willingness to accept the gospel but also his need to hear it taught in his native language. 

He is aware of me. That I really wanted to see Tony be baptized but also that I felt ready to leave and didn't know if I could keep my Russian for much longer. - Transfers were this last Wednesday and the Sister from the MTC who were going to my mission as well left on Tuesday. My mission President called us on Thursday saying my visa had arrived and he said that the travel people could have booked the flight for that day, FridaySaturday but they booked it for Tuesday afternoon. Allowing me to go to the baptism ( and I'll even be able to go through the temple Tuesday morning! :) )

I testify that Heavenly Father is aware of you. He knows you and has a plan for you. As you put your trust in Him he will lead and guide you. I know He is there, watching over us.

My time in the Ogden Mission has been amazing. I have learned and grown a lot. I have met so many amazing people.  Although I was a little upset upon finding out I wouldn't be going to Ukraine,  this entire transfer has been a miracle and I wouldn't trade the time I've had here for anything. I am going to miss the mountains and the people, those others who we are working with but I have confidence that the Lord, and Sister Tayco and her new companions will take care of them. I have accomplished what the Lord needed me to do here and now I'm looking forward to experiencing even more miracles in the land of perogies across the sea!

Happy Valentines!  I love you so much! 💗💗

-(Last time I'll be " Sister ") Horne


- Tony's baptism! 






- A couple of our senior couples whom we love




- Service at Bonnie's again:) ( I got to see bunnies!)



-  Beautiful Morgan Valley mountains




- Bye Sister Tayco♡♡





- all my name tags!



No comments:

Post a Comment