Monday 12 June 2017

JOY, TRANSFERS and Everything!!!

HELLO Everybody!! 

SO many things to say. And not so much time (because I still am not the best at managing my time lol oops) but mainly it has been an awesome week full of big events!

So first off on Tuesday we had Zone Conference which is always a good time! We have two elders in my districts who are both going home like today and they gave their farewell testimonies and made me cry! Elder Balyas and Oman: They're both from Ukraine and seriously so hilarious and awesome and I've become good friends with both of them in just a short time. Gonna miss them:/ but they said they'd probably visit!

Then we had exchanges in Zap with the STL's which is always fun! 

Then on Thursday Sister Joy D. Jones came to Dneper and there was a big conference. She is the General Primary President of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, you might remember she came to the MTC when I was there and she's a great speaker and I could just feel the love she has for the kids here. Elder Katcher from the seventy also came and spoke and he also brought all the kids up who wanted to serve a mission and gave them a dollar to remember their commitment. It was so cute because this one girl Anya, from our left bank ward, I saw her after she met Sis Jones and she was SO happy she was crying it was So cute. She's adorable and is gonna be an awesome missionary.


OK Here's the BIG NEWS!!! TRANSFEEEEERRS were this Saturday and... I'm getting a new companion! And we're going to have two sister companionships in Dneper again! 

So Sister Savran and I will be splitting up..:/  which is a bummer because being with her for the last two and a half transfers we've become good friends and I've gotten used to serving with her, We've had our ups and downs but I love her and I'm gonna miss her! I'll still be able to see her often though. She'll be in the Left bank ward with Sis Busath and I  will be serving in Pobeda and Center wards with ... Sister SPICER! She seems super cool, I've only met her a couple of times, ( in the MTC actually! ) she's only been out on the mission for one more transfer than me- 2 in Ukraine - so this will be interesting! We are both fairly new and I still don't know hardly any Russian (although I had noticed my understanding has been improving! ) but you know what? I have faith. And I know it's all gonna work out! Somehow. haha. But with the Lord on our side we can do anything right? ya. I'm excited!

I'm going to miss all the members and investigators here in left bank. And also the amazing view of the city I got to see almost everyday from the bridge on the Marshottka!










Elder Larry S. Kacher and his wife Sister Pauline Kacher


Sister Joy D. Jones - General Primary President of the Church of Jesus Christ of LDS 


No comments:

Post a Comment