Monday 26 June 2017

Good Cheer

"Hey everyone! 
I hope everyone had a wonderful week as I did! I'm pretty just.. happy:)  Our mission's theme last transfer was " Be of Good Cheer!" and I love that. In my studies I noticed so much more all the many times in the scriptures that it talks about having joy and being of good cheer. It is actually something Christ says a lot. John 16:33
 These things have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peaceIn the world ye shall have tribulationbut be of good cheerhave overcome the world."

Love it! It is a good reminder to know that It's something the Lord tells us to do, He wants us to be happy:) and I usually don't have much of a problem being of good cheer but NOW... I have even less of a problem! Life is good. I LOVE my new companion! She is freaking awesome. So hilarious and we get along so well already it's crazy! She's from Sandy, Utah and is a soccer player. She loves to cook and bake so it's been pretty awesome having meals with her especially because she's also super healthy.We have been running every second morning.:) ( I kind of died, but I'm sure it will get better) We both are really excited to do an awesome work this transfer ( already hoping we serve two together at least) and we also both know how much we need to rely on the Lord and each other with the language and everything here to be able to do it so we've seen miracles already.

The first few days of this week were fun because we got to be a trio with Sister Hendricks ( My supposed to be mom- until I didn't come..awks lol) who is awesome too, while she waited for her trainee to come ( we joke she trains everyone). We had fun together but they're also both really hard workers and we already saw a miracle together. So Sister Hendricks stayed Wednesday too because her trainee's plane was too full, she came a day later and so we were on the street "English contacting" and Sister Hendricks asks the lady walking beside her " Hey, do you speak English?" and she says back with a fairly good accent " How do you know I speak English?" hahah she was surprised but we explained about our free English practice and how we're here to help people etc. and she was so happy to have met us. Turns out she studied English, is fluent in it and is teaching her 3 year old son it as well. And she's also planning on creating a class for mom's teaching their kids English ASL and she said it was perfect that she met us, two young nice native-speaking girls who were willing to come help. She even said it was like destiny! ... You could call it that.. or the hand of the Lord!:) So yeah, now that we're not teaching English anywhere (the elders teach in the center) we have an awesome finding opportunity already! 

Also we even have a girl we're going to start teaching because the elders passed her over to us and we made friends with her at game night.


 We all have the most amazing and loving Father in Heaven who loves us all SO much!! So grateful.

Love y'all have a good week:)

Cectpa Horne




Great times with sister Savran before transfers.












From tiny to Scary!

No comments:

Post a Comment