Wednesday 11 October 2017

Galina's baptism!!

Heeey!!
I hope you all had an amazing week - full of turkey if you are my Canadian peeps;) and full of goodness!

My week was awesome. I received a lot of counsel, revelation and blessings. First we had an awesome Zone conference. This transfer we were focusing on the Book of Mormon and how we can use it more. I've really learned to love this book SO much and I know it is so powerful. We watched one of the talks from general conference on how there is no way that it was not translated and brought to us by the power of God and it is so cool how clear it is logically but really we know that the true way to know it's truth is to ask God and I'm so grateful of the testimony I've received of it. 

Sister Busath and I did a musical number at Zone conference and we actually also did another one at Galina's baptism. But even though we did pretty well on both we didn't do as well as we hoped but we re filmed for y'all haha where we don't forget the words or voice isn't weird ;) ( BTW I was a little bummed when I found out I actually accidently got cut out of our zone conference pic buut I'm deciding to look on the bright side, this just meaning we have more sisters now;))

So Saturday was really great because.. Galina got BAPTIZED!! :)) The service ended up going really well despite us being pretty stressed because the font wasn't filling up super fast or like no one was coming until the last minute or late. But lots of people were there and Galina was super cute and giddy and super happy and grateful afterwards. Lots of her family and friends who came loved it and it was a really good, spiritual service. We're so happy for her! She went to all of conference and then her birthday is today so it's been a good weekend for her. Sis Busath and I got her a baptism/birthday gift of sparkling grape juice because she was a little disappointed that she wouldn't be able to drink and celebrate how she usually had on her birthday haha

How did everyone like conference?? From what we got to see so far, ( we watched sunday and saturday morning with the Sullivans and missionaries and ate Sis Sullivan's homemade cinnamon rolls mmm)  I thought it was AMAZING as always. Flipping love general conference. I saw theme of focusing on others and serving and that things in your own life will work out. I really need to work on that more this year. I'm so grateful for living prophets, apostles and leaders who receive revelation for us TODAY. If you missed it, you need to go watch or read it! lds.org <<<  I can't wait to watch the rest and read them in the Liahona and study them until next conference!!

Anyway.. I'm super excited for this week and next sunday guess what?! .. We're going to KHARKOV! I've never been there before and we're having a big mission conference because Elder Kearon is coming! SO excited! 

Love ya! Have a good week:)

Cectpa Horne

Here are links to Celine and her companion singing a primary song in Russian and a beautiful version of 

Come Thou Font of Every Blessing

Russian version of Primary Song "When I Am Baptized"


No comments:

Post a Comment