Monday 31 July 2017

SUNFLOWER madness :) - Monday July 24

WASSUP.

Still here guys!! Woohoo! Super happy about that, all the elders were joking that I'd be transferred because I've been here for a while now and I kept telling them NOPE I'm not moving yet and I was right:) although, this transfer there wasn't too much change. What's going to be crazy is in three weeks, some missionaries are leaving half way through the transfer and then two weeks after that so it's going to be craaaaazzzy! All is well for now though. Still me and Sis. Spicer conquering right bank Dnepr:) aha

So this week we did exchanges in Zap again! First time for Sis Spicer and is was really fun! Probably the highlight of the trip though was the drive there and back because guess what we saw?! SUNFLOWERS!! Just fields and fields of them! Millions! We were just freaking out! they were so BEAUTIFUL! AH. it was amazing. I mean that is one of the most famous beauties of Ukraine right there and we finally got to see them! And it never gets old either! I just love it.  (pictures don't do it justice )





Also cool thing happened in the morning when we were just about to go on the bus back to Dneper from Zap we went to buy some breakfast and I wasn't really feeling like much from ATB  (basically the little Walmart of Ukraine ) and I wanted something from the cafe next door so we go in there and classic Celine goes behind a line of people to see the rest of the food options and knocks over a plant with her bulky back-pack! And then clumsy, awkward person that I am but feeling super bad about knocking over this plant cause there was dirt all over the floor so I start picking up the dirt and putting it in the pot hahah it was actually pretty funny but the lady in front of us tells me in English, it's OK, they can do it. lol So while I stop and start choosing what i wanted to buy Sis Spicer starts to talk to her, she's from Ukraine but speaks English and she asks her what's with the badges? And she says we're missionaries for the Church of the Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and she says, I've been looking for a church! Anyway told her the sisters in Zap could meet with her and tell her more about church and answer her questions and she was super excited! So cool that we could be there at just the right time to meet her! ( sometimes little awkward slip-ups are a good thing:))

We also went out to Lena and Igor's again but this time with the Elders, to do service and it was a good time! We had shashlik! (which is BBQ) and soooo good!







I sang in sacrament yesterday and got my companion to film it for y'all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment